Founded in 1934 by the Harvard Chamber of Commerce during the Great Depression, Harvard Federal Savings and Loan Association provided a means of promoting thrift and encouraging home ownership. The joint operation between Harvard Federal and the Chamber office continued until 1959. The two organizations separated and Harvard Federal moved into its own building at the corner of Ayer and Sumner streets, where it remains today.
|1984||Harvard Federal Savings and Loan celebrated their 50th Anniversary. At that time, the organization was one of the strongest reserve Associations in Illinois.|
|1997||Harvard Federal Savings and Loan Association changed their name to Harvard Savings Bank.|
|1998||Harvard Savings Bank breaks ground on a new location. The Branch location was built north of town and was a full-service branch.|
|2008||Expanding even more, Harvard Savings Bank acquired Morris Building & Loan in Morris, IL.|
|2010||A strategic Board decision was made and Harvard Savings Bank issued stock and went from a mutual bank to a stock holder bank.|